Sunday, April 21, 2013

April = Wedding projects!

My baby sister (I have two little sisters) is getting married in June!  I have been tasked with designing the invitations, making the flower girl dresses (3 of them) and pretty much whatever else she needs me to do.  My middle sister and I are also working on a bridal shower at the beginning of May - so April is all about the Wedding!!

Most of the stuff I can't reveal until after or closer to the wedding - but I can share some sneak peeks and my work in progress.

We kicked the month off with the wedding invites!  My baby sister and her friend came up for a night and we cranked them out!  Printing, cutting, sewing, building - all of it in less than 24 hours - we ROCKED!!  They turned out sooo cute!  I can't do a big reveal just yet (at least until after everyone gets them) but here is sneak peek of us working!
The bride busy working on her invites!
K busy addressing rsvp envelopes!
Me busy sewing pockets onto the invitation bases!
 I promise I will share the final invite design, etc.  I am kinda proud of them, and the bride loves them, so that is all that matters!

Next up - Flower Girl dresses!!  I am making 3 of them.  2T for her fiancee's niece, 5 for my daughter and 6 for my middle sister's daughter.  The bride chose a crinkle taffeta (or acetate, can't remember what the name is) in ivory which is very cool but I haven't worked with that type of fabric before - thankfully its going okay!  It will have a coral sash - since her colors are turquoise and coral with a little yellow thrown in - it will be sooo gorgeous!  I found this cute twirly dress pattern from Petite Kids Boutique on etsy.  I also plan on making accessories to match!  Oh and of course the ring pillow too!

And last but not least this month - the Bridal shower!!  I am so excited for this but still have a lot to do - lots of ideas running through my head though!  At least the invite went out - I had a blast designing it in the chalkboard look that is so popular right now!  I will share all the details on this too - soon!!

.... so I have a lot of work to do this month!  Better get back to it!  More wedding (and bridal shower) stuff to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment