Saturday, March 9, 2013

Super Bowl skirt

I know its March already and the Super Bowl was WAY back in February.  But I wanted to write about the cute skirt that I made my daughter for the game. 

My husband is a huge 49ers fan (yeah Boohoo! they lost!), so we were so excited that they made it all the way to the Super Bowl.  We have hand me down gear for my son and Daddy bought him a hat but my daughter didn't have any black/red/gold gear for the game.  I had picked up some 49er fabric at Walmart a year or so ago on a trip to Idaho to see family (not sure why an Idaho Walmart had 49er fabric, but I grabbed it!)

I had used this tutorial from Infarrantly Creative before for a quick skirt for my daughter but wanted something a little different this time.  So I found this tutorial from Made.  I did the double skirt version and added the binding on the edge - it turned out pretty cute and its plenty big for her to wear again for next year's football season!  Hopefully the Niners can go all the way next year!

Miss O modeling her new skirt - she wouldn't stop dancing so I really didn't get a great picture!

San Francisco 49er cupcakes I made for the big party!
 
The happy fam (ok not everyone was happy) BEFORE the end of the game!

1 comment: