Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter outfits

I found a fun springy fabric at Joann's a while ago and knew that it would be perfect for an Easter dress for my daughter.  I thought I was going to use a pattern that I had but decided to look for something new.  I found this pattern from Lily Bird Studio for her dress, and I am very happy that I found it.  It was pretty easy to make (I am still relatively new to sewing kids clothes) and the design is super cute - its called the Birthday dress and I could totally see me using it again for her actual Birthday dress!  Don't you just LOVE the little flutter sleeves!  The matching hair clip is pretty cute too - I got a new Kanzashi flower maker by Clover at the Sew Expo!  My daughter liked her dress so much that she would not take it off when we got home from taking pictures/seeing the Easter bunny!  That made me happy!
 
For my son, I found this pattern from Whimsy Couture.  A cute little pair of overalls!  I loved the example in the chevron pattern so much that I found a tone on tone chevron for my son's too.  I struggled with the snap tape opening (my zipper foot was NOT cooperating) but it got done.  I did have to hem it again after trying it on him - oh and take 3 inches off.  I made him a 2T even though he is only 18 mo. old - but I am glad I did because it fits well in the chest, just too long in the legs.  I think I actually need to take it up another inch!  But he sure looks cute - even if he wasn't the best model at the photo shoot (thanks to JCP Photo).
 Here are both kiddos in their Easter outfits!  Not the greatest of smiles but hey they are both looking at the camera!!  Happy Easter (almost)!  These cute outfits are now in their closets waiting for Easter Sunday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment