Friday, March 29, 2013

Custom Baby Blankets and More

I am due to deliver a custom order this weekend when I head to my hometown for Easter.  A friend ordered 2 blankets and a crib skirt for her soon to be born granddaughter. 

I actually met the mom to be at the fabric store back in February so she could chose the blanket and skirt fabric.  She chose the yummiest, softest cheetah minky for the blankets - accented with pink and brown.  The colors are so pretty and the fabric is so soft it seriously is hard to stop touching it!  The pictures honestly do not do them justice, you have to touch them!  This is going to be one cozy baby!
She wanted pink and brown for the crib skirt, so I helped her choose the fabric.  We chose the pink from one of my favorite lines from Michael Miller.  I thought is was called Fairy Frost but now that I search for it - its actually called Mirror Ball Dot.  It is just so pretty and fancy.  We found a nice chocolate brown solid for an accent on the bottom of the skirt.  I only took a picture of the finished crib skirt over my ironing board, but I am excited to see a picture of it on her crib!  It turned out so pretty!! 
My baby gift for the Mom to be is this cute cute ribbon owl - it has the cheetah minky on the back and is so cozy.  If my son or daughter had this critter they would have it permanently attached to their cheek!

So fun to create something special and unique for a lucky baby girl and Mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment