Monday, May 21, 2012

Dress for Olive

I also recently completed my first dress for Olive!  I have made her skirts before (simple simple skirts) but hadn't attempted any outfits yet.  Well for Christmas I got a couple of sewing for kids books - a girl one - Little Girls, big style by Mary Abreu and a boy one - Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage.  I am so excited to sew clothes for my kids, especially with all the cute cute fabric out there.

I started with a dress for Olive out of fabric that was originally purchased for a different project.  I wanted to do a test dress before I cut into the adorable animal fabric I have for her birthday dress.
Well I am pleased with myself, I think it turned out pretty cute.  It took me a little less than 3 hours to sew up - which I didn't think was so bad - and I even got to use the button hole foot and function on my sewing machine (so cool!).

Excited to make some more clothes!
She's not the best model (and not the best picture) - but you get the idea.  Cute little apron dress with knots in the straps vs. buttons.  The designer calls it the Knotty Apron Variation of her basic bodice dress.  The print is kitty cats too!

No comments:

Post a Comment